EFT and Cold Sore

     

How EFT Prevented a Cold Sore from Developing


By Marika Berman, MS, Certified EFT Practitioner
When I felt a familiar uncomfortable sensitivity on my lower lip, announcing that a cold sore would soon appear, I started EFT tapping right away.
For those of you not familiar with this condition, just a few words about cold sores or fever blisters (herpes labialis): It is estimated that in the United States 20–45% of the adult population experiences an episode in their lifetime.
Once this virus infects you, it stays dormant in the body for life, with occasional outbreaks. The outbreaks are what give this infection its common name.  
In the peak stage, there are painful blisters on the lips or other affected areas. The episode usually lasts 2 to 3 weeks until it heals.
The first thing that came to my mind was: “Oh no, I don’t want to have a blister for 2 or more weeks!” I had one 6 months ago, and it was not fun!
I tapped on that: 
“Even though I fear having an ugly, painful and repulsive lip for 2 or 3 weeks, I still deeply and completely accept myself.”
Reminder Phrases:
“This fear of cold sore,”
“It will take long to heal,”
“I will look bad,”
“It will be annoying.”
After that I scanned my life for any emotional cause that might have contributed to this cold sore. I found a couple of things, but I had already tapped on those, so I went on with the basic phrase:
“Even though I have this cold sore (starting), I deeply and completely accept and love myself.”
Reminder Phrase: “This cold sore.” 
I made sure while tapping that I was tuned in to the tingling, uncomfortable sensation in my lip. 
I could have made the Setup Statement fancier, describing the sensation, but to my surprise two rounds of this basic tapping took away the sensation. My lip felt completely normal at that point. 
Still, I wasn’t sure it was over. And indeed, in a few hours, I felt the same sensitivity, itching, and heat at the same spot on my lip again. I used the same tapping phrase, with the same great result. It took only a couple of minutes. 
Over the next 3 days, I had to tap like this about three to five times a day. I occasionally also used the 9 Gamut Procedure between rounds of tapping.
The result was great! At the place where the cold sore usually develops there was only a tiny, barely visible red spot for about a day. No pain, swelling, or blister.
I felt it was important that I started tapping at the first signs, before the physical symptoms came fully on. 
Depending on your individual situation, you may need a wider range of tapping phrases. In my practice, I’ve worked with a gentleman who had deep shame over having this herpes simplex virus, which was linked to an emotional event in his life.
In cases like this, more EFT work would probably be necessary. 
I hope this article will help more of us. I’ll be happy to hear of your own experiences!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panic about Earthquakes